EduChange President & Founder Catherine Saldutti is an invited presenter at The 5th China Education Innovation
EduChange President & Founder Catherine Saldutti is an invited presenter at The 5th China Education Innovation Expo, joining Richard Culatta, CEO of ISTE, and other USA education companies at a half-day session hosted by U.S. Commercial Services in China.
Under the guidance of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, the People’s Government of Guangdong Province, the Central Committee of the Jiu San Society, and the China Association for Science and Technology, the 5th China Education Innovation Exposition, jointly hosted by Beijing Normal University and China Economic Reform Research Foundation, will be held at Zhuhai International Convention and Exhibition Center on November 20-23, 2019.
- Largest K-12 Education Summit organized by public institutions
- 20,000 attendees from 28 countries and further reach to over 1 million people through live broadcast online.
Catherine will speak to the audience of the 5th China Education Innovation Expo about the theme “Empowering Education.” She will discuss the most essential technology needed in education today: learning systems design. Below is a synopsis of the talk.
Beyond the Platform: Learning Systems Design is the New EdTech
Thursday, November 21, 2pm – 5 pm
To re-engineer formal science class, EduChange built eight interacting systems from the ground up. These systems use nearly 500 different variables–from content standards to instructional practices to assessed competencies–to provide a comprehensive and teacher-friendly plan for formal science class in secondary and early tertiary levels: [CLICK BLUE LINKS FOR VISUALS AND MORE INFORMATION]
- The Content System: Drive curriculum through global issues and topics rather than textbook chapters; Break down subject area silos to integrate biology, chemistry, physics, engineering, computational thinking and environmental science
- The Sustainable OER System: Provide digital curriculum with ongoing updates that double as immersive professional development (SOER)
- The Assessment System: Assess 64+ competencies within four major realms, which remain stable over multiple years to enable truly personalized growth profiles to emerge
- The Instructional System: Teach problem/project-based learning practices that empower students to design and implement their own projects
- The Digital Technology System: Integrate 4 types of digital technologies: productivity tools, creativity tools, educational apps/sims and authentic STEM resources
- The Hands-on Laboratory System: Incorporate hands-on measurement, laboratory work and engineering design challenges that prepare students for advanced science courses
- The Disciplinary Literacy System: capabilities that move students toward their own independent research projects, and the production of a complete scientific or engineering paper
- The Teacher Professional Development System: Support teachers with immersive & ongoing professional development as the program is established
EduChange currently provides 4 different implementation models, beginning as early as Grade 8 and lasting 2-, 3- or 4- years as schools desire.
20 (Wednesday) 8:00 am - 22 (Friday) 4:00 pm GMT+8